Four new Annexes are starting in the programmeAt the last ExCo meeting four new annexes where approved to start. You can read more about the annexes here.
The Annexes are:
- Annex 36 - Quality installation and maintenance
- Annex 37 - Demonstration of field measurements on heat pump systems in buildings - Good examples with modern technology
- Annex 38 - Systems using solar thermal energy in combustion with heat pumps
- Annex 39 - A common method for testing and rating of residential HP and AC annual/seasonal performance
Objectives and participation of the Annexes
Bold text indicates Operating Agent.
* Participation not finally confirmed, ** Participant of IEA SHC
Annex 36 - Quality installation and maintenance
The desired end-product objectives are:
- Develop information for use by key stakeholders in industry (HVAC-R and construction trades), government (policy makers), and building sector (owners/operators).
- Produce reliable data to position each Annex participating country to evaluate its pertinent industry standards and practices for the heat pump system types of primary interest to ensure optimum heat pump performance.
- Reduce usage of energy and emissions of greenhouse gases by encouraging use of quality heat pump installation and maintenance practices.
Participating countries: CA*, CH*, DE*, FR, JP*, KR*, SE, UK, US
Annex 37 - Demonstration of field measurements on heat pump systems in buildings - Good examples with modern technology
The overall aim is to demonstrate the potential with heat pumping technology for all types of buildings from all ready performed field measurements. The focus will be on the best available technique.
The project will:
- Demonstrate and disseminate the economic, energy, environmental potential with heat pumping technology. Calculate the electricity consumption and energy savings, compared to alternative ways of heating
- Improve the understanding of key parameters influencing the reliability and efficiency of heat pump systems
- Develop a database from already performed field measurements presented using a common
method to express such as seasonal efficiency and energy savings.
Participating countries: AT, CH, SE, UK
Annex 38 - Systems using solar thermal energy in combustion with heat pumps
The aim is to analyse solar and heat pump configurations with respect to energy savings and total cost of ownership (TCO) for investment and operation. The Annex is a joint Annex with IEA Solar Heating and Cooling.
Participating countries from HPP: AT**, BE**, CA**, CH, DE, DK**, ES**, FI, FR**, IT**, UK
Annex 39 - A common method for testing and rating of residential HP and AC annual/seasonal performance
In this proposed Annex, the following will be developed:
- Common calculation methods for SPF using a generalized and transparent approach, based on lab measured data.
- Establish comprehensive test methods based on further development of existing test standards. The test standards should include test conditions needed for the future SPF calculations.
- A method to evaluate additional heat pump performance, e.g. Carbon Footprint, Primary Energy Saving or Energy Savings.
Partcipating countries: AT, CH, DE, FI*, FR, JP, KR, SE, US